Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What is Purple Ranch Lavender Farm?

Purple Ranch Lavender Farm is a family owned and operated farm. We are a physical farm with over a thousand plants in the ground. We are a close knit family with great work ethic. I have always enjoyed doing projects with my family. And we have plenty of them. But it is more than that. It is a dream. A dream my Mom is actually living out. A dream to leave a legacy and something for the next generation. My sons Jon and Jake love going to the ranch and playing Star Wars with a couple of homemade light sabers. Or driving the tractor which is Jake's favorite. Jon's would be planting with Mom or finding bugs. This last week we went to Tomball for the German Festival they have there every year. As I stood there and watched multiple people come up to Mom and invite her to this festival or this event I realized for the first time that this thing we call Purple Ranch is more than that. It is what I think about and what I dream about. It has become my dream also. As I try to market this business and create new things whether designing a new product label or adding functionality to the web it all comes down to this. Purple Ranch, the dream, is physically making people happier and healthier. At the festival this weekend the lady next door to our booth bought some Purple Ranch Lavender Foot Therapy. She told us on Saturday that she was so looking forward to using it but forgot it in her booth. She said she couldn't wait to use it. You know if I were to make a product or service. What better than one people are excited about using and can't wait to try. The Festival was one of the most successful events we have had. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Thanks Mom for giving us all a dream. Until next time. Lavender Up!

No comments: